Crowdsourcing provides an opportunity for the FDA and the public to interact. Crowdsourcing community members can engage with each other and the FDA by posting their ideas or experiences and commenting on the submissions of others. These conversations create an avenue for the FDA to listen to the public and incorporate these perspectives into ongoing initiatives.
How do I participate?
Once you are logged-in, click the “Submit Research Question” button on the top right-hand corner of the page.
You can also view what others have submitted by clicking the “See what others have to say” button.
Can I participate anonymously?
- Click on your username in the top right-hand corner and select “Profile”
- Scroll down to "Community Identities" and check the box under "Hidden Identity" in the row labeled "DPMH Crowdsourcing."
- Click the "Save Changes" button above the Community Identities section. (Be careful to not click the “Leave” button as this will remove you from the community).
- To confirm that your identity is hidden, leave the profile page by clicking on the home icon at the top of the page and then revisit it by following steps 1 & 2 above. The "Hidden Identity" box should still be checked. (There is a known bug that shows the "Hidden Identity" checkbox as unchecked after you click the "Save Changes" button. Refreshing the page may not work to confirm your changes are saved, which is why leaving the page is recommended.)
You can also participate anonymously by turning on the “Submit Idea Anonymously” before submitting your post.
- Click the “Submit Research Question” button on the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Fill out the required fields.
- Scroll to the bottom of the submission page and turn on the “Submit Idea Anonymously” button prior to submitting.
Please note that no matter what option you choose to enable you to participate anonymously, you will still see your name attached to your shared experiences. However, the rest of the community will only see “Community Member” instead of your name.
What are we doing with your data?
The information gathered in your registration will not be shared and is only used for log-in and verification purposes.
The information you submit and the comments you post will be used to understand the relationship between community participants and pediatric research.
Please do not post any personally identifiable information (PII) (such as address, social security number, etc.).
Who is moderating this site?
This site is moderated by the staff in the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research within the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Moderators will facilitate discussions and work to ensure that posts remain respectful. Please be advised that moderators may not always monitor discussions in real time. Due to the potential volume of comments, moderators may not respond to all posts.
If you have specific questions, we encourage you to share them via email with our FDA staff at ShareYourVoice@fda.hhs.gov.